Abortion and the African American Community
2 of every 3 black children are killed by abortion. This stunning figure highlights the success of the eugenics movement against the black community.
Since abortion was legalized in 1973, more than 14 million African-American babies have been killed. This is more than the total number of African-American deaths from all other causes combined (heart disease, diabetes, cancer, crime, accidents, AIDS, etc.) This is about 1/3 of the 43 million abortions that have occurred since 1973.
* About 1200 African-American babies are killed by abortion in the United States every day.
* A disproportionate number of the nation's abortion clinics are located in low-income and minority neighborhoods, where a majority of African-Americans live.
* Approximately 35% of all abortions in the United States are performed on African-American women, while they represent only 13% of the female population of the country.
* In 1990, African-Americans comprised the largest minority group in the U.S. Hispanics are now the largest minority group.
* African-American women who abort their first pregnancy have a 2.8 to 4.7 times greater risk of developing breast cancer.
The above information is from Black Americans for Life, an outreach of National Right to Life Committee. http://www.nrlc.org/outreach/BAL2.html
Also see National Black Catholic Apostolate for Life. www.blackcatholicsforlife.org